Trustees and Terms
Officer and Trustee Contacts - Click Here
Overview of Structure
CCYHA leadership consists of the Board of Trustees and the Officers of the Board.
The Board of Trustees is made up of 11 elected Trustees and 1 ex-officio Trustee
Board Trustees are elected by the members in good standing each year. Each Trustee is elected to a three year term, unless a vacant postion is being filled with more than 1 year remaining in the term.
Board Officers are elected by the Board Trustees and consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Registrar, DOO, Ice Scheduler, Girls' Hockey Liason, USA Hockey Liason, Grievance Coordinator/Risk Manager and other Officer positions as determined by the Board Trustees.
All General Sessions conducted by the Board are open to all members in good standing of CCYHA. Meetings of the Executive Session are closed and consist of Board Trusees and Officers of the Board. The Board meets once a month and handles various items throughout the calendar year.
The Board and it’s Trustees govern, set policy and generally oversee the business of the organization.
The Board is charged with running over 55 different teams at various levels, including: House, Select, Travel Blue Jackets, The Girls' Blue Jackets and the Special Needs Hockey program. CCYHA runs its own house program.
Travel teams participate in the Buckeye Travel League, Cleveland Suburban League, Little Caesars Amateur Hockey League, Great Lakes Hockey League or play independent schedules.
Some highlights of Board responsibilities include:
- Ice procurement and scheduling
- Referee scheduling
- Tournament planning and execution
- House league planning and execution
- Travel season planning
- Apparel procurement
- Coach selection
- Coach certification
- Grievance oversight
- Community philanthropic ventures and fundraising
- Budgeting and balance sheet management
- USA hockey registration, background checks, etc.
- Travel team tryout planning and execution
- House evaluation planning and execution
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Web management -- on-line registration, payment and communication
- Meeting with BTHL, CSHL, CAHA, CTH and EYHA throughout the year
- Management of the Sting women’s hockey program
- Management of the Special Needs hockey program